Produce your own
Let’s make a day of it!
Bring your theatermakers together for a thrilling day of creative collaboration!
BRING The 24 HOUR PLAYS TO YOUR COMMUNITY!
Since 1997, we’ve licensed The 24 Hour Plays to high schools, colleges, and community groups worldwide to share our production process with students, teachers, and artists of all ages. Join that community today by submitting your license request through our partners at Playscripts!
Read on to learn more about how we can work together to bring The 24 Hour Plays to a theatre near you!
Starting Monday, September 11, The 24 Hour Plays kicks off its first ever Licensing Week! Follow us on social media to learn all about ways that the 24 Hour Plays can fit into your 2023-24 season!
All amateur licenses approved through Playscripts through October 10th will receive a FREE 30-Minute production consultation with a member of The 24 Hour Plays Staff.
Join our Licensing Week Webinar Live on Friday, September 15th at 4pm ET by filling out the form below!
Can’t make it? That’s okay! Let us know and we’ll send over the information you need to know about licensing The 24 Hour Plays for your community.
WHY PRODUCE the 24 Hour Plays?
It’s flexible. Choose your cast based on who you have in the room!
It’s cheap. No new sets, costumes or lighting; only you and your artists.
It’s fun. Name a more thrilling experience. We’ll wait…
It’s fast. No need to skim dozens of short play scripts, or take on a long production process.
It’s authentic. Risk-taking will become your new normal.
It’s educational. Participants develop skills and try on new artistic roles for the first time.
“Our schools perform The 24 Hour Plays year after year because it’s the perfect intersection of art, education, and community. ”
Paul Satchwill, Batesville High School
License your Production
Starting at $100 for schools and colleges.
Marketa Dowling, The Lime Tree Theatre
QuickstartGet started fast.
- Production Conferences One-hour virtual meeting with a producer at The 24 Hour Plays to answer any questions and help create a strategy for your show!
- Custom Logo We’ll create a custom logo for your social media and your website.
BoostTake the next step.
- Everything in Quickstart, plus:
- Additional Production Conference Another chance to consult with the experts.
- Marketing Consultation Meet with The 24 Hour Plays marketing team to ask questions about promoting your show, creating a social media strategy, and how to best engage your audience.
- Custom Webpage
- Production Administrative Set-Up We’ll set you up with the same systems we use for our shows! Everything you’ll need to successfully track your talent, collect headshots and information for social media, collaborate with your production team members, and more.
Full ShowBring your talent. We'll do the rest!
- Everything in Boost plus:
- On-site Producer Want to bring The 24 Hour Plays to your community AND get some sleep? This is the package for you! A member of our team will join you at your show to help manage all of the moving pieces from hour one to twenty-four.
How to get started
Download our free starter guide from our partners at Playscripts
Submit your licensing request
Complete your licensing agreement
Review The 24 Hour Plays Production Kit
Bring The 24 Hour Plays to your community!
Contact The 24 Hour Plays Licensing Rep, Madelyn Paquette at email@example.com.
Madelyn is a two-time licensed production alum, and has worked with hundreds of schools and theatres to bring The 24 Hour Plays to communities around the world.
Who can request a license?
Why do I have to license with you?
The 24 Hour Plays holds the copyright to our name and our proprietary producing process (say that five times fast!). Just like you would license Oklahoma! or Our Town for a production at your theatre, you license The 24 Hour Plays name and process from us. Plus, you’ll receive support from our NYC office, your own page on our website, and the official logo to use in your own promotions! Request a license here.
How much does the license cost?
We provide licenses to school and education groups for a subsidized price of $125. For community and professional productions, we charge a fee on a sliding scale based on the number of seats and the price of tickets at your performance. Request a license here.
Do you provide any additional services?
We do! We have a variety of Production Services built specifically to help with productions of all sizes. Read about Production Services.